Who can apply for a student dormitory?
Regardless of your educational background, there are student dormitories where you are eligible to apply. This applies to both short-term, medium-term, long-term, and vocational education programs. You do not need to attend a university in order to live in a student dormitory. Navigating through the application rules of different dormitories and finding the places you are eligible to apply for can be challenging. However, as a member of kbh-kollegier.dk, you don’t need to worry about that.
On kbh-kollegier.dk, you simply need to indicate your educational background in the search system under the Dorms menu. After that, you can easily explore the dormitories that are accessible for you to apply based on your education.
Below, you can see who can apply for a student dormitory based on educational institutions and types of education:
- Youth education (STX, HF, HHX, HTX)
- Vocational education programs (e.g., NEXT, UNORD, HRS, Niels Brock, and TEC).
- Short higher education
- Bachelor of/in (e.g. Metropol, Campus Roskilde, Niels Brock, CPH Business, KEA, University College UCC)
- University of Copenhagen
- Technical University of Denmark
- Copenhagen Business School
- Other Bachelor and Master programs (RUC, ITU, AU, DPU, SDU, DADK, etc.)
- PhD students
- International students (exchange students) (see our english guide)
Below, you can see the number of student dormitory options available for each educational institution and type of education: